Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Mad Holidays

While Christmas is normally a very good time for movies it's not always a good time for movie reviewers.  I know I've been neglecting my website, but I'm frustrated because it's not like I had much of a choice in the matter.  Running an online store during Christmas is possibly one of the most stressful things you will ever do.  While there is money to be made with it I wouldn't really wish this type of life on anyone.  You sell a bunch of stuff only to get e-mails that they don't want it anymore, they thought they were getting something else, they liked the item but you took too long to send it, and on and on it goes.  You sell something and hope that you don't have to refund that money after the holidays.  You cross your finger that people won't leave negative feedback and get you kicked off the site where you sell your things.

All the while I have a website with dwindling visitors because...well, because I'm not updating it.  I still managed to see most of the movies though, and I did write the reviews for them, but I scrapped a few of them because they were poorly constructed (obviously an effect because of the stress).  So I basically decided to take a deep breath, calm down, and rework the reviews one at a time.  With at least five reviews to post I can actually have an update every day while I touch up the reviews and slowly post them.  Then I can upload the Top Ten lists that are a favorite every year.  It won't be long after that and then Oscar season will be upon us, so that should give me something to write about.

Finally I'm going to be applying to join a critics guild and - if I'm accepted - means I will then be Rotten Tomatoes certified!  But right now the trick is making it fun to work on the site again.  So be patient viewers, as I essentially start over and get back into the groove of things.  I have a feeling this could be one of the best years for the site however, and I hope you'll all take the ride with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment